Monday 10 February 2014

How I Deep Clean My Makeup Brushes.


Hello my lovelies. 
Today I thought I would give you all a run through on how I clean my makeup brushes. Cleaning your brushes is one of those horrible tasks that nobody can be bothered to do but it is actually one of the best things you can do for your skin! You would be disgusted by the amount of bacteria and dirt that is left on your brushes after even just one use of the makeup brush. This is why its important to spot clean your brushes after you use them, I use No7 Brush Cleanser from Boots. It is equally important to deep clean them once a week, I suggest a Sunday so they are all fresh for the week ahead. If you have skin problems or acne I can guarantee that if you do a 'deep clean' once a week, your skin will reap the benefits..(you heard it here first!) Below is my step by step guide on how I clean my brushes, this is just how I do it and I do know lots of people who do it different however this is what works for me.

Horrible, dirty brushes that need cleaned. These are the Real Technique Brushes.

I use Fairy Liquid..(The green smells the best) and I also use No7 Foaming Cleanser.
I put both products on a plate and swirl my brush in the mixture, creating a foam. Then I run under lukewarm water.
After this is complete, I leave on a dry towel and let them air dry. WOOHOO..CLEAN BRUSHES.

*I would also like to add that you should try not to put water near the handle area as it can loosen the glue. Also make sure all the mixture is out so your bristles are not damaged!

I hope you found this Blogpost useful! How many of you are now going to run and wash your brushes? What is your favourite way to wash your brushes?
Kates xo

2 comments:

  1. That post was very useful!! Thank you!! xx

    http://definitelymycupoftea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete